- Use a clean vase
- Luke-warm water is best
- Remove any foliage that might be under water in the vase
- Using a clean, sharp knife or pruners, cut the lower 1/2 to 1 inch off the stems
- Place immediately in vase full of water
- Floral preservatives may help but if none are available simply use tap water and change it every day or two
- Re-cutting stems every day or two will also help extend vase life
- Keep the flowers out of chilly drafts and away from forced-air heat vents
- And enjoy!
Karen Panter, Ph.D., C.P.H.
Extension Horticulture Specialist
Plant Sciences – Department 3354
University of Wyoming
1000 East University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071